On-location or on-the-phone professionals!
Our live, native-speaking phone interpreters help people who don’t share the same language to communicate with each other over the phone.
You have 24/7/365 immediate access to interpreters in over 230 languages. Our goal with every phone call is a high-quality, reliable connection.
How Does Over-the-Phone Interpretation Work?
For an idea of how over-the-phone interpreting works, we’ll use an example as if you want to communicate in English. When you encounter someone who does not speak English, first you call the ITC Hotline. You let the operator who answers know what language you need.
Then, in less than 16.5 seconds, you and your non-English speaking person are connected to a native linguist interpreter for that language! You can have your conversation together successfully with the help of the interpreter.
Why Use ITC Interpreters?
Your over-the-phone interpretation needs are met as a result of our:
- Connection Times: less than 16.5 seconds average connection time (12 for Spanish) – that’s fast!
- Three-way Calling: included with each plan
- Call Scheduling: for your convenience schedule calls in advance, share documents and materials with our linguists, request specific skill sets, or book a time with a rare language linguist
- Interpreter Vetting: Our interpreters adhere to the Interpreter Code of Ethics and each is vetted for their interpretation education, experience and competency.
- At least two years of interpreting experience
- Criminal background check
- Identity verification and reference checks
- Testing that verifies competency, memory, ethics, vocabulary
- Legality and Compliance: Interpreters must understand and comply with all required confidentiality guidelines, protocols, and certifications.
- Staffing: at least 15% more interpreters on call than our projected demand – just in case